Manchester and Stratton offer numerous lodging choices depending on your needs and desires, but here are Sponsor hotels and our recommendation:
3 & 4-day riders – August 16-19:
Stratton is offering a terrific lodging package for all Vermont Challenge riders: Stay 3 nights and receive 20% off, stay 4 or more nights and receive 30% off already discounted nightly rate. You'll be able to drive down to Manchester for the starts on the first two Valley stages on 8/16 & 8/17 and then simply ride to the starts during the mountain stages on 8/18 & 8/19.
For 4 & 3-day riders that are looking to roll out on their bikes to the start each day our recommendation is that you stay in Manchester from 8/15 & 8/16 and then switch over to Stratton on 8/17 & 8/18. The Taconic hotel, our host hotel for our kick-off dinner on Wednesday August 15, is offering special discounted rates for us and there's also beautiful but more moderately priced Palmer Hotel that's offering great rates as well. This split approach allows you to ride to the starts on your bike each day.
There's also the Lodge at Bromley, which is situated 8 miles between Stratton & Manchester offering great rates. In addition there's the Snowdon Chalet, a lovely 12 room motel at overlooking Magic Mountain, just minutes to Stratton.
1 & 2-day Mountain stage riders – August 17-18:
Your choice is simple: stay at Stratton's Black Bear lodge.
Vermont Challenge Sponsor Motels/Hotels include:
- Black Bear Lodge and other properties, Stratton Mountain: www.stratton.com/stayvtchallenge (Call 1-800-Stratton, after 7/28 for reservations)
- Taconic Hotel, Manchester: bit.ly/2017VermontChallenge Call for reservations: 877-699-3331
- Palmer House, Manchester: www.palmerhouse.com Call of reservations: 802-362-3600
- Lodge at Bromley, Peru: www.lodgeatbromley.com Call for reservations & say your with the Vermont Challenge to get our special rates: 802-824-6941
- Snowdon Chalet, Londonderry: www.snowdonchalet.com Call Jen & say your with the Vermont Challenge to get our special rates: 802-824-6047
- William Raveis Winhall Real Estate, Bondville: www.winhallrealestate.com/vermont-challenge Call Deborah to get our special rates on fully equipped homes and condominums at Stratton and the surrounding area. Perfect for families, clubs and teams: Office: 802-297-1550 or cell: 802-855-1972
Except for Stratton direct reservations link, above, please call and mention the Vermont Challenge to ensure you receive that discount rates with our sponsor hotels.
There are many other lodging choices from budget to luxury for you to choose from in Manchester outside of our sponsors but they don't offer our great negotiated rates.